Fort Forno is a coastal fortress located in Barbariga, which was built by the Austrian Navy in 1904 to protect its main port. The fort is classified as a coastal armored fortress.
It was built of concrete in the form of a ring. Over time, the fortress has collapsed, but it is evident that it was surrounded by high stonewalls and loopholes. Besides history lovers, architecture enthusiasts will also be catered for since the hill on which it is located, offers breath-taking views over Rovinj, Barbariga, Fažana and Pula.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.